Why Google Chrome browser in Windows 10 can’t receive the new updates automatically or Chrome update failed? also when manually check for new updates, you receive the error: “An error occurred while checking for updates. Update check failed to start (error code 3: 0x80080005) or (error code 3: 0x80040154).” So what this issue?
OK, maybe you need to know How to Update Google Chrome Latest Version below:
Update Google Chrome browser to latest version just use simple step. But you can update chrome manually. If you not have chrome browser, you can download here.
- In the top right, click the Chrome menu .
- Click Update Google Chrome. If you don’t see this button, you’re on the latest version.
- Click Relaunch.
Note: The browser saves your opened tabs and windows and reopens them automatically when it restarts. If you’d prefer not to restart right away, click Not now. The next time you restart your browser, the update will be applied.
Get a Google Chrome update when available
Normally updates happen in the background when you close and reopen your computer’s browser. But if you haven’t closed your browser in a while, you might see a pending update:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, look at More .
- If an update is pending, the icon will be colored:
- Green: An update’s been available for 2 days.
- Orange: An update’s been available for 4 days.
- Red: An update’s been available for 7 days.
After method above can’t fix your problem, you can follow steps below.
Uninstall & Reinstall Google Chrome
- Press Windows logo + R then type appwiz.cpl then OK.
- Right click on Google Chrome then Uninstall.
- After ityou need Delete the following folders (in bold letters) from your disk:
- C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome (Windows 10 32bit)
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome (Windows 10 64bit)
- Download Google Chrome browser.
- Install then follow process.