How to Setup Chromecast for Windows 10
The Setup can use for 2 Chromecast device: Chromecast 1st Generation or Chromecast Ultra. Then follow me step by step this. (you must use Chrome Browser, not other browser)
Setup Chromecast 1st Generation and Chromecast Ultra
- You must using the latest version of Chrome by navigating to “Settings > About Google Chrome” and Update your Chrome browser to the latest version. If you’re having trouble, see: How to Update Google Chrome Latest Version.
- Click set up your chromecast using this computer.
- Chrome will now look for Chromecast devices that need to be set up.
- Click the device that matches the Chromecast name you see on your TV. It will be something like ChromecastXXXX. Click Set Me Up.
- Setup will try to automatically connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot produced by your Chromecast device. If this is successful, move to step 8.
If this is not successful, you will asked to manually connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot of your Chromecast device. To do this, go to your Wi-Fi menu and select the Wi-Fi network that matches your Chromecast device name.
Note: Make sure you’ve successfully connected to the Wi-Fi hotspot before moving to the next step. This can take a few minutes. Note: You’ll lose your Internet connection for few minutes until setup is complete. This is expected.
- Click Next.
- The code on your device should match the code on your TV. If it does, click Yes.
If it doesn’t match, click No and restart the setup process from step 5 above.
- Change the name of your Chromecast by typing in a new name (ex. Living Room) or you can leave it as the default name. Choose your country. Click Looks Good.
- Choose your Wi-Fi network by clicking the upside down arrow. Enter your password. Click Connect.
- Setup will try to automatically connect to your Wi-Fi network. If this is successful, move to step 13.
If this is not successful, go back to your Wi-Fi menu and choose the same Wi-Fi network you picked in step 10.
Note: Make sure you’ve successfully connected to the Wi-Fi network before moving on to the next step. This can take a few minutes.
- Click Next.
- Once setup has successfully completed, you will see a list of all of your available Cast devices.
- Your Chromecast is now ready to cast.