How to Update Google Chrome Latest Version
- In the top right, click the Chrome menu .
- Click Update Google Chrome. If you don’t see this button, you’re on the latest version.
- Click Relaunch.
Note: The browser saves your opened tabs and windows and reopens them automatically when it restarts. If you’d prefer not to restart right away, click Not now. The next time you restart your browser, the update will be applied.
- Download Google Chrome for Windows 10
- Download Google Chrome for Windows 8/8.1
- Download Google Chrome for Windows 7
- Download Google Chrome Standalone Installer 64 bit / 32 bit
Get a Google Chrome update when available
Normally updates happen in the background when you close and reopen your computer’s browser. But if you haven’t closed your browser in a while, you might see a pending update:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, look at More .
- If an update is pending, the icon will be colored:
- Green: An update’s been available for 2 days.
- Orange: An update’s been available for 4 days.
- Red: An update’s been available for 7 days.